Connectivity / Expansion Cards

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Truos
Answers: 0

Connectivity / Expansion Cards

Post by Truos »

Hello,

Have you considered making a module that would enable the use of mPCIe cards
like the picture and therefor enable internet access in remote systems.
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Connectivity / Expansion Cards

Post by volker »

Hi,
during the design of Revolution Pi we do have considered all kind of possibilities, including PCIe expansion slots. There are several odds for such a solution from which I will only name the most important one: They are the opposite of reasonable priced.
With our current design, especially with the RevPi Connect you get a great connectivity which enables you to use all kind of physical layers. WLAN, LTE, MBUS, ZIGBEE, LoRa, BlueTooth, TinyMesh, field busses of all kind and of course Ethernet with TCP/IP can be perfectly used for remote internet access and other tasks. So what specifically are you missing?
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
Truos

Post by Truos »

At the moment I use a USB adapter to make the USB Dongle to not stick out

I was thinking that it would look good if you could have an a mPCIe board in an extra module like you all these
volker

Post by volker »

Again: What is your aim? What kind of PCIe card are you aiming to? With the RevPi Connect you have several new wireless expansion modules. Except WiFi and LTE you get all the other wireless expansions for a RevPi Connect (will be available in August/September). What kind of USB Dongle are you talking about? If it is WiFi then I do not understand your requirements. The WiFi Dongle in our RevPi Shop is even less in height compared to your 180° USB to USB Adapter. The Teltonika LTE Router is the best solution you can think of for a remote IIoT system. It is affordable, has 2 independent SIM cards, diversity antenna pairs, offers WiFi access point ability and wired back up connection. It runs on 24 V and can be fully remotely controlled. I do not know any PCIe card offering such possibilities which are all necessary for a professional IIoT remote node.
Truos

Post by Truos »

LTE is what I need for most.
volker

Post by volker »

This solution here https://revolution.kunbus.de/shop/de/lte-router is well-proven solid industrial grade technology and by far much more reliable than any USB stick or PCIe card solution. You can easily click it on a DIN rail and connect it to RevPi via WiFi or Ethernet cable. It can bring a whole cluster of RevPi core to the internet as it is not only a router but also a switch and a WiFi Access point too.
suthesh

Post by suthesh »

i have my revolution pi connected to the RUT955 but there is still no internet connection for me to access the web.