Ethernet/IP Slave

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
jvp
Answers: 0

Ethernet/IP Slave

Post by jvp »

Hello,
Is it possible to exchange strings with the Ethernet/IP module?

Thank you.
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Ethernet/IP Slave

Post by volker »

Please tell us more about your requirements: Exchanging a string with what kind of master? Is the master processing the string like any process data and thus there is no problem with cyclical data exchange ? Or do you want to implement some kind of event based message telegram exchange? The latter is difficult to implement in a cyclic based field bus protocol like Ethernet/IP.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
gambrinus

Post by gambrinus »

Can the Ethernet/IP slave be used to communicate with an Allen Bradley Controllogix system as an Ethernet/IP master? This may seem like a silly question, but to my knowledge, there are subsets of the Ethernet/IP industrial protocol. I'm not certain that just because two devices support Ethernet/IP, they will work together "out-of-the-box". Will it work with the CIP protocol? Thanks in advance.
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Yes, the GW EtherNet/IP can be connected to a EtherNet/IP Scanner (master) like the Controllogix devices. The GW can be accessed with the CIP protocol. Data can be transferred with explicite messages and with IO connections. Of course you have to configure the scanner. You can use the EDS file to do that. The EDS file can be downloaded from https://www.kunbus.de/support.html.
gambrinus

Post by gambrinus »

Thanks!
jvp

Post by jvp »

Thank you. Connecting to Controllogix devices is what I had in mind.
kapilv

Post by kapilv »

Hi

I am trying setup a Ethernet/IP Gateway with a RevPi Connect+. I wanted to read/write DIO inputs and outputs over Ethernet/IP. Our software uses CIP communication to read/write to Allen Bradley PLC and we wanted to replace Allen Bradley PLC with the RevPi Connect+. Is there a way I can setup Ethernet/IP to Master/Slave with RevPI and read Bits, Words and String same way we used to read/write with AB PLC. Please reply asap.

Thanks!
Attachments
Pictory0.PNG
Pictory0.PNG (417.14 KiB) Viewed 7628 times
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Dear kapilv, the Gateway Modules are all Slave Modules. Here is a tutorial about how to commission Ethernet/IP Modules: https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... rect=en_US
If you need the Master or Scanner functionality with Ethernet/IP then you may also use Codesys.
kapilv

Post by kapilv »

Dirk,

Thanks for replying and providing some inputs on this.
Definitely, I will check CODESYS.
Thanks.