Sample Rate Analog-IN and expanding the numer of analog inputs for RevPi Compact

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Bastian
Answers: 0

Sample Rate Analog-IN and expanding the numer of analog inputs for RevPi Compact

Post by Bastian »

Hi,

I'm working on a project where we want to equip a test bench with sensors to create a data set of the process data.
I decided to use the RevPi Compact as the heart of our setup where we collect all the data and send it out to another network.
Due to the fact that some simple measements (temperature, humidity, air pressure) are hard to get with iot-standard sensors I decided to stay with analog sensors (0-10/1-5V).

Now the number of direct analog inputs has grown to 12 (so far) and I am searching for a way to expand the number of analog inputs on the RevPi without using additional microcontrollers (RasPis).

Also, using Node-RED to visualise and handle the data, I investigated a rather slow and unsteady sample rate of my test-sensor. I'm writing the input value directly into a JSON-file and get about one value every 1-2 seconds.
Is there a known problem using Node-RED and the ANALOG INPUT node to record a series of values?

Thanks and regards
Bastian
->Johannes<-

Re: Sample Rate Analog-IN and expanding the numer of analog inputs for RevPi Compact

Post by ->Johannes<- »

Hi,
This post is discussed in the German section, here is the link to it:

Analog Input Abtastrate

Regards

Johannes