Issue with the HDMI and LAN connection.

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
shreyash07
Answers: 0

Issue with the HDMI and LAN connection.

Post by shreyash07 »

Hello,

In addition to the boot drive issue (link:- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2932), there are 2 more problems I am facing with my 2 RevPi's,

1) When I connect the RevPi to the monitor using the HDMI cable, it boots till a particular point and stops and again reboots till the same point. I have attached the image for better reference. I used different sets of HDMI cables also. But to no luck.
HDMIissue.jpg
HDMIissue.jpg (101.79 KiB) Viewed 3948 times
2) Similarly when I connect the RevPi using the LAN to the DHCP router, the IP address of the RevPi is not detected. Hence the connection to the RevPi using SSH connection is also not possible. I used the Advanced IP scanner as well as the TP-Link server to check for the IP address of the RevPi.

Please let me know what is the issue with the 2 RevPi's I have.

Thanks and Regards
Shreyash Kulkarni
Steven

Re: Issue with the HDMI and LAN connection.

Post by Steven »

When you facing HDMI Issues try to play around with some Parameters in /boot/config.txt
I recommend to look into https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... t/video.md

You want to play around with following parameters:
hdmi_drive=2 -> Normal HDMI mode (sound will be sent if supported and enabled)
hdmi_group=2 -> DMT (Display Monitor Timings, the standard typically used by monitors)
NOTE: Together with hdmi_group, hdmi_mode defines the HDMI output format.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Your network issue could be related to a check box wich has a known bug since buster image.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=265326

You maybe want to have a look into your network settings and check if you have enabled "Automatic configure empty options".

Make sure if you want to use DHCP that only the checkbox is checked and every other field is empty!
If you enable "Automatically configure empty options" in Network Preferences, and have any of the fields filled out, the client will start spamming the DHCP server with DHCPINFORM.
If you mess this up the network starts spamming DHCPINFORM request. In the case no DHCP is answering the network hangs up.

Let me know if this helps.
crismancich
KUNBUS
Answers: 1

Post by crismancich »

Thanks steven for the great replies.` 8-)
shreyash07 did that solve your problems?
Viele Grüße / Kind regards / Quapla’ / 此致敬意
Boris Crismancich