Regarding the boot drive of the Revolution Pi Connect+ 32GB

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
shreyash07
Answers: 0

Regarding the boot drive of the Revolution Pi Connect+ 32GB

Post by shreyash07 »

Hello,

1) I am working with the Revolution Pi for 2 weeks now and I am facing an issue with the boot drive of the RevPi. When I power up the RevPi, all the LEDs are properly light up as per the status LED specifications (for reference:- https://revolution.kunbus.de/tutorials/ ... atus-leds/). And as the power-up is successful I turn off the RevPi and attach the micro-USB cable to the laptop for creating an image of the state. After the connection, I start the Rpiboot.exe and then power up the RevPi (with reference to the video:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZukq2T6PEY). All the steps are followed properly as per the tutorials provided.

a) Here when I connect to one of the USB ports in my laptop, it just shows loading embedded and it never connects.
loadingport.png
loadingport.png (16.42 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
b) And when I connect it to the other USB port, it connects but shows a different cmd status box from the one in the tutorial.
connectionport.png
connectionport.png (22.31 KiB) Viewed 4071 times
2) The USB port which connects to the RevPi gives the connection to the boot drive of the RevPi. And then I start the win32DiskImager and give the image storage location with the drive number of the boot drive. After this when I start to read from the drive to the allocated location, there is an error message sometimes within 1 minute or max to max 2 minutes. This error message is due to the boot drive of the RevPi disappearing, hence not allowing to create an image for the same.
errorbootdrive.png
errorbootdrive.png (18.54 KiB) Viewed 4071 times

Solutions tried for the above problems,

1) I tried to first change the host i.e Laptop but the boot drive not being there for a longer time is still an issue.
2) Tried different USB cables for the issue as mentioned by one of the users in the forum. No luck. (link:- viewtopic.php?t=1520)
3) Also, tried a Linux distribution for better interfacing. Still, the issue is not solved. (link:- viewtopic.php?t=1471)
4) Tried, connecting the different power supplies. I checked the power supply rating for each power supply used. At 30V current rating is 95ma and at 24V it is more than 100ma. As the voltage increases the current rating decreases. I think there is an issue with the RevPi as it is not able to take proper current from the power supply even when the Voltage supplied is proper.

Please let me know what should be done here. All these problems are for 2 of the RevPi's I have right now and I am not understanding what should be done.

Thanks and Regards
Shreyash Kulkarni
Steven
Answers: 0

Re: Regarding the boot drive of the Revolution Pi Connect+ 32GB

Post by Steven »

I have actually the same issue where as the second Revpi works fine and flashes fine serveral times.

https://revolution.kunbus.de/forum/view ... f=6&t=3001
crismancich
KUNBUS
Answers: 1

Post by crismancich »

Hi,

first of all sorry to hear you run into problems. Your tests were great. Thanks for that.
Running out the Laptop and the cable was a perfect idea.

Can you please provide the windows version you are using?

As for the "loading embedded" loop problem with the rpiboot software: This seems to be a known issue.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/usbboot/issues/72
The rpiboot software is provided by the raspberry foundation for their compute modules. Using another usb port works for you, so this is the way to go.

I'm currently checking with my colleagues if they have an idea before asking you to send the device in.
I'll contact you soon.
Viele Grüße / Kind regards / Quapla’ / 此致敬意
Boris Crismancich
crismancich
KUNBUS

Post by crismancich »

@shreyash07 In another ticket you mentioned you're using two devices. Does it happen with both?
Boris Crismancich
crismancich
KUNBUS

Post by crismancich »

Hey Steven,

you said you have the same issues but only with one of two pis, would it be okay for you if we issue an RMA and you send the device in so we can take a look?
Boris Crismancich