Core 3 no longer working

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
raydodo
Answers: 0

Core 3 no longer working

Post by raydodo »

Hi

I have had a RevPi Core 3 set up as a soft PLC monitoring devices on an IO-Link network for some time. Yesterday the display showed something about the disk being full and requiring attention. I disconnected the device and have come to debug it today. The RevPi does not seem to work at all. The power LED is green and there is a faint glow of the red A1 LED. Network port does not show any LEDs on the connector when on the network. RevPi does not respond to a ping. I downloaded RPIboot so that I could reflash the latest img file. RPIboot completes successfully, but the RevPi does not mount as a USB device so I cannot select it as a device in Win32DiskImager. There is no disply output from the HDMI port.

I am stuck. I have followed this instructions here: https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... ll-jessie/

Thanks for any help. This unit has been sat behind an HDMI screen untouched for many many months.

Regards

Ray
->Johannes<-

Re: Core 3 no longer working

Post by ->Johannes<- »

Hi Ray,

have you already tried to use another USB-Port or another PC?

Try following link FAQ_RevPi, there is a chapter “I want to save or restore a system image. Why does RPiBoot.exe not connect to my device?”

If it does not work, try FAQ_Kunbus-Support, there is a chapter “RPiBoot.exe does not connect to my RevPi Module. What can I do?” But therefore you need a linux-host.

It's worth a try. If it doesn't work, then we look further on.

Best regards,

Johannes
raydodo

Post by raydodo »

Hi Johannes

Thanks for the advice.

I can get this response when using RPIboot:
Waiting for BCM2835/6/7/2711...
Loading embedded: bootcode.bin
Sending bootcode.bin
Successful read 4 bytes
Waiting for BCM2835/6/7/2711...
Second stage boot server
Loading embedded: start.elf
File read: start.elf
Second stage boot server done

However, the device does not appear as a drive in Windows, so I cannot download an image file. I have tried different USB ports.

Regarding your suggestions, I have reinstalled the driver as per the first link and that has not made a difference. The second link takes me to a password protected site, and I don't have access. Please could you send another link or a copy of the document.

Thanks for any further suggestions

Regards

Ray
->Johannes<-

Post by ->Johannes<- »

Hi Ray,

did you try another pc?

For the second link you can register for free.

The description is only in German, so here is a gif for better understanding.

Video.JSD.Registration GIF.gif
Video.JSD.Registration GIF.gif (755.56 KiB) Viewed 7853 times

Best regards
Johannes
raydodo

Post by raydodo »

Hi Johannes

Yes, I tried my home PC which does not have the same restrictions / policies etc as my work PC, but it did not work. RPIBoot completes as before, but no USB storage drive is shown.

I followed the links in the second document which lead me back to the RasPi compute module reprogramming document. I don't have a Linux device, but I used a recent Chromebook and compiled RPIBoot to run on that. No good - the RevPi was recognised as a BCM2710 device, but RPIboot did not detect it and did not mount it as a drive. Note that I did not remove the compute module from the RevPi (cracking the glue) so I did not change any jumper settings.

I am stuck again now. Please advise if there is any further way to recover this device. I have a project which is reliant upon it.

Thanks

Ray
raydodo

Post by raydodo »

Hi Johannes

I think I am at the end of troubleshooting that my time allows. Do you have an RMA process that I can return this device through please?

Thanks

Ray
->Johannes<-

Post by ->Johannes<- »

Hi Ray,

Yes, I think an RMA will be the way to go.

If you bought your device from us, we will do the RMA.
To do so, please contact support@kunbus.com and attach your invoice.

If you purchased your unit through someone else, please contact them.

Best regards
Johannes