Dashboard display on RevPi Compact

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
rce
Answers: 0

Dashboard display on RevPi Compact

Post by rce »

Hi,
I'm interested in the upcoming RevPi Compact to acquire voltage signals. I'm already using Pi 4 with gateways with Node-red, mqtt, Grafana, influxDB, etc. I'm wondering if the Compute Module 3+ you're using in the Compact serie can support displaying a Node-red dashboard via the HDMI port on a Touchscreen for example. I know that Node-red dashboards can be CPU consuming, on a Pi4 4Go the CPU can go up to 15% so i would expect the Compute 3+ to perform worse than that.
Thanks
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Dashboard display on RevPi Compact

Post by dirk »

Hi, well I understand your interest. We're planning to release RevPi 4 Modules within this year. I can just say that it is possible to display Node-Red Dashboards on a HDMI touch screen. But the performance depends on your application. If it comes to performance I would recommend you to build yourself a custom image (Image-Bakery) in case you don't need to control IO data you can disable piControl, etc.
rce
Answers: 0

Re: Dashboard display on RevPi Compact

Post by rce »

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. I will probably test one of your products to see what the performance are. It's good news that we can expect Pi 4 products this year, i will stay informed.