Use wires instead of PiBridge

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Elon Sha
Answers: 0

Use wires instead of PiBridge

Post by Elon Sha »

Dear KUNBUS Team,

I want to use RevPi in my project. But due to some size limitations, I need to separate the Core3 module and the expansion module by a certain distance. If I use the connector provided in the store, the two modules are closely connected. So I want to use wires instead of PiBridge Plug. I have done a simple test, connecting the two PiBridge Plugs with a Dupont cable. The device can work normally. I think this is feasible. I sent this post to confirm it.

I have the following questions about this:
1. Do you provide connectors with plugs on both sides and wires in the middle?
2. Is it feasible if I use wires directly in the project without using PiBridge Plug? (PS: The wire does not need to be very long, a bit longer than the width of a module)
3. Because I only have a DIO module now, I may need a gateway module in the future. Is it possible to use this method on the connection of the gateway module?
Attachments
b2da21b6a9389b38f0ba01df32aa8a7.jpg
b2da21b6a9389b38f0ba01df32aa8a7.jpg (182.7 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
Elon Sha
Answers: 0

Re: Use wires instead of PiBridge

Post by Elon Sha »

I think this method is feasible, and I hope to get your confirmation.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Use wires instead of PiBridge

Post by dirk »

Dear Elon, to make it short - well done but it is out of the usual use case here so we cannot give you any guarantee on the behavior of your system.
1. Do you provide connectors with plugs on both sides and wires in the middle?
No, unfortunately we don't have such kind of products on sale. But you can use a PiBridge plug from the Online Shop and try to open the case etc.
So that's an adapter that I had to use here for example:
PiBridge Debugging
PiBridge Debugging
PiBridge Debugging 1.jpg (16.91 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
2. Is it feasible if I use wires directly in the project without using PiBridge Plug? (PS: The wire does not need to be very long, a bit longer than the width of a module)
Well this may work if it works for you. You can have a look at the singals that have to be transferer i.e. here: https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... i-modules/

Code: Select all

3. Because I only have a DIO module now, I may need a gateway module in the future. Is it possible to use this method on the connection of the gateway module?
See my answer to question 2.