No display out

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Edd
Answers: 0

No display out

Post by Edd »

Hey,

When I power up my connect+ module (connected to CON CAN, DIO and AIO) sometimes there is no display output and I have to cycle the power until there is. When powering up the PWR LED on the connect is green whilst the other modules flash red, once the other modules go green the PWR LED changes to red, then turns off then goes green and stays green. Looking at the help it looks like this is signifying some error?

The modules are still able to be connected to via SSH and so are not broken even when there is no display output.

Any ideas on the problem and any help would be amazing

Thank you in advance!
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: No display out

Post by dirk »

Hi Edd, after a review I think that the LEDs and the HDMI output do not represent a relationship.
The start-up behavior of the PiBridge is unfortunately like that the LEDs are a bit blinking on initialization.
Regarding the HDMI connection problems just try it with an other HDMI cable
The SSH connection is independent of the HDMI interface.
Edd

Post by Edd »

Hey Dirk,

Cheers for your quick reply, I have tried other cables, the only thing that seems to fix it is to keep power cycling until there is an output
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear Edd, thank you for your patience. Can you change the power supply? Can you post your "/var/log/kern.log" file please?
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi Edd, do you have updates for me?
LEOMENA

Re: PWR Led RED-ON on the Connect Plus.

Post by LEOMENA »

Dirk,
I have a similar problem:

PWR Led RED-ON on the Connect Plus.
Note: This did not happen with the old Connect that I have. Only a Flashing red IN-LED on the AIO. I checked and there is some "range issue", but I can't go that far until I have gotten the system to start properly. I have the same issue with the Connect +.

My first guess was that the PiBridges are giving me trouble, because that's when it all started, when I first installed the Connect+.
I have four PiBridges to select from and the installation of all of them gives me very inconsistent behavior: For example, at times I plug the PiBridges and get all red leds (flashing red, or red on, etc). If I turn the same PiBridge around and install it, then I get a better response (However the PWR LED is RED-ON at the Connect+), the piTest command says that all modules are present, and the installation appears to work fine.

pi@RevPi:~ $ piTest -d
Found 4 devices:

Address: 0 module type: 105 (0x69) RevPi Connect V1.0
Module is present
input offset: 202 length: 6
output offset: 208 length: 5

Address: 31 module type: 103 (0x67) RevPi AIO V1.4
Module is present
input offset: 113 length: 20
output offset: 133 length: 4

Address: 30 module type: 96 (0x60) RevPi DIO V1.5
Module is present
input offset: 0 length: 70
output offset: 70 length: 18

Address: 64 module type: 24580 (0x6004) ModbusRTU Master Adapter V0.0
Module is present
input offset: 213 length: 101
output offset: 314 length: 73

pi@RevPi:~ $

Can the PiBridges be used either way? or are they supposed to be mounted only one way? Any chance that some came in bad and that is why?

BTW, I had to rebuild the image of the connect+ because at some point and due to so many PiBridge changes somehow I broke the image. Luckily, I had previously made a backup of the original image.

I don't know what to do next:
Maybe it's the firmware in any of the modules (AIO, DIO, Connect +)?
Maybe the PiBridges are bad.?
I might also have some Grounding missing in my wiring.?

In the attached picture you can see my setup, this is the best that I have been able to get (which is described above), again PWR LED of the Connect + is RED ON.

DIO: All leds are green. However I don't get any response from the outputs. For example, if I write a 1 to O_1 or O_2 the voltage does not change in the output port O2 (I get 4.9 Volts regardless of the value I post to the outputs). But I don't know if the Red Led on the Connect+ is related to this or somehow affecting the behavior in general.

Is the grounding a reason to this? Do you see anything wrong with my setup?

SETUP - WITH PWR LED RED-ON.jpeg

I would greatly appreciate some help and advice as to what to try to continue my tests. I am stuck right now.
In particular, I don't know if the RED led is what is not letting me get responses on the DO's, for instance. I don't know if the changes I do on the process image are actually being transferred to the IO Modules at all.

Again, I will be highly grateful for any advice you can give me, or documentation that could help me..

Thanks
Attachments
SETUP - WITH PWR LED RED-ON.jpeg
SETUP - WITH PWR LED RED-ON.jpeg (199.55 KiB) Viewed 1551 times