Watchdog on RevPi Connect

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
RMeissnerCC
Answers: 0

Watchdog on RevPi Connect

Post by RMeissnerCC »

Dear all,
I am experimenting with the hardware watchdog on the revpi connect.

In the script "enable_relay_watchdog.py" the variable "ret" is called in line 13 before it is being initialized. That should cause an error. Is this intended?

Do I have to switch the RevPiLED Bit 7 (according to the example on the RevPi) to reset the watchdog or could I also use a different mechanism, e.g., send a pulse from a digital output somewhere? Are there hardware solutions to reset the watchdog timer or does it have to be from software?

Best, Robert
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Watchdog on RevPi Connect

Post by dirk »

Hi Robert,
this is true we have to modify the script "enable_relay_watchdog.py" here. Thank you for your feedback.
The "RevPiLED" is the right variable and you have to switch the bit 7.
We have to modify our documentation here: Watchdog
The watchdog is implemented in hardware to be independent from your application. But you may use the mechanism via RevPiLED bit 7 to reset it via software.
By the way the implementation is here https://github.com/RevolutionPi/piContr ... ter.c#L805 .
But have a look at "Monitor connected devices" that guide you how to connect the digital input and use it for the watchdog.
RMeissnerCC
Answers: 0

Post by RMeissnerCC »

Dear Dirk,
thank you for your informations. I am looking into these now.
Where can I find "monitor connected devices"? Using the Kunbus search I did not found a specific topic named that way.
Best, Robert
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

HI have a look here for "Monitor Connected Devices"
https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... rect=en_US