RevPi Connect or DIO module's red light always on

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Trustprocess
Answers: 0

RevPi Connect or DIO module's red light always on

Post by Trustprocess »

I am Barney from Hongke.Our customer have a problem and do not know how to solve it.

The stretch version of Revpi connect he is using is the latest on the official website in March 2020. He bought another DIO module. However, after configuring with pictory, the red light of DIO is always on. Use the piTest -d command to display DIO Module not present.

Then the following picture in attachment is the information when he uses the dmesg command to see the system startup.

He tried to power off and restart, but either the DIO or connect module always had a red light on, and the dmesg alarm message was the same.

He had suspected that the brush system entered the wrong serial number, and then brushed again to ensure that the MAC address and serial number entered were correct. After the brushing, there was no problem. Then he configured a virtual modbus-rtu master, the interface uses TTYRS485, and then the red light of DIO turns on again.

Then he restarts again, the red light of DIO is still on, then he deletes the virtual module and saves the reset again, the red light of DIO is still on, the dmesg information is still the same.

Failure reported by dmesg: piIoComm_sendRS485Tel(PiIoStartDataExchange) failed 1
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi Connect or DIO module's red light always on

Post by dirk »

Hi Barney, thank you for your detailed and detailed report. Did you forget an attachment?
Can you send a picture of the construction?

Have a look at the tutorial Overview RevPi I/O modules

Please check the connection of the PiBridge connector.
Did you also supply the DIO with X2 and X4? Have a look at the tutorial How to Connect the Power Supply
Which status LEDs are lit on the DIO module because there are PWR, DI, and DO.
Have a look here Status LEDs DIO/DI/DO
Trustprocess

Post by Trustprocess »

pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (401.49 KiB) Viewed 7439 times
dirk wrote: 26 May 2020, 17:21 Hi Barney, thank you for your detailed and detailed report. Did you forget an attachment?

Did you also supply the DIO with X2 and X4? Have a look at the tutorial How to Connect the Power Supply
Trustprocess

Post by Trustprocess »

dirk wrote: 26 May 2020, 17:21 Hi Barney, thank you for your detailed and detailed report. Did you forget an attachment?

Hello Dirk,my customer can brush the system to Revpi Connect, so I think it should not be a problem of power supply. I sent the dmsg picture again yesterday. Do you know how to solve it?
zhan

Post by zhan »

Hi Barney,

from the picture of dmesg you've posted, the "write error 5; piIoComm_sendRS485Tel(PiIoStartDataExchange) failed 1" indicates that the communication over pibridge was failed.
Some more check on the pibridge plug might be help to fix this problem.

As the kernel log during pibridge opening is not present, the reason of the pibridge communication failure can not be seen.
If you can provide a full log of dmesg or /var/log/kern.log, some more investigations can be done.
Additionally, the outputs of following commands would be also help:
ls -l /dev/tty*
sudo grep "" -r /sys/devices/platform/soc/3f201000.serial/tty/ttyAMA0/*
stty -F /dev/ttyAMA0

Best regards
Simon
Simon
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Barney, how is it going? Could you be so kind to provide your precious feedback.
Trustprocess

Post by Trustprocess »

dirk wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:51 Hi Barney, how is it going? Could you be so kind to provide your precious feedback.
Sorry for the late reply, this device has been sent to Germany for repair.
Pradip

Post by Pradip »

Same Issue is with me, Either RevPi Connect or DIO module's Power led's red light always on.

I'm facing issue with RevPi connect and DIO module since yesterday. Every time I power on the RevPi connect and DIO module either of them is indicating power led in Red though Power connections and PiBridge is connected properly.

I'm not sure wheather RevPi Connect has the problem or DIO module. I have changed DIO module with new one , The same problem still persists. The Irony is the setup was working fine till 2 days ago , Now suddenly It's not working. Either of them is indicating Power led red
mskope

Post by mskope »

Bumping this, as I have the same issue: either the DIO module is found and configured by PiControl and I get a Red pwr light on the Connect, or the DIO module is not recognized or configured (per piTest -d) and I have a green pwer indiactor on the Connect.

Digging a bit deeper, I used PiTest -r to read a configured input (in this case, input one, named the default I_1) which remained low even as I provide 24V to it's contact. Conversely, when I piTest -w a configured output, then read that value, I got the correct value (bit was 1, HIGH). This indicates to me that, for whatever reason, the DIO module cannot access the Process image being used by the Connect. This lines up with what zhan noted:
zhan wrote: from the picture of dmesg you've posted, the "write error 5; piIoComm_sendRS485Tel(PiIoStartDataExchange) failed 1" indicates that the communication over pibridge was failed.
Some more check on the pibridge plug might be help to fix this problem.

As the kernel log during pibridge opening is not present, the reason of the pibridge communication failure can not be seen.
If you can provide a full log of dmesg or /var/log/kern.log, some more investigations can be done.
Additionally, the outputs of following commands would be also help:
ls -l /dev/tty*
sudo grep "" -r /sys/devices/platform/soc/3f201000.serial/tty/ttyAMA0/*
stty -F /dev/ttyAMA0
I was able to get a DIO and Core 3 module talking over PiBridge and successfully read/write IO's using the revpimodio library and the PiTest -r command. It is when the Connect is introduced that I get issues.

Per the suggestion in Zhan's quote, here's a URL containing files txt files for the commands requested along with a kern.log that should contain very little aside from the boot up process wherein I think the issue is. Let me know if any additional info from me can help get this figured out. I like this platform a lot and would like to keep using it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi mskope,

I was not able yet to go through the whole log files but a quick thing which came to my attention in your logs: the hostname seems to be RevPi which is the default name before a factory reset is issued. In the factory reset there is also some configuration done regarding the necessary dt overlays. Therefore please double check this and try to run the factory reset (won't delete any data).

Nicolai