RevPi Connect+ not booting

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
FerreiraMlg
Answers: 0

RevPi Connect+ not booting

Post by FerreiraMlg »

Hi guys,

I have a RevPi Connect+ 32 GB, today while working on it, it fell from a workbench - around 1 meter high to the ground. It never starts up since it.

The LEDs PWR, WD and REL are solid green and the A3 red solid.
The Ethernets ports have no comms, neither has the USB power.
Monitor connected to the HMI Port also nothing happens.

I have open the unit to check it and could not find anything. I have other units so I have replaced the Pi board from the damaged unit to a brand new and same behaviour happened, which points out that something happened with the CPU Board.
That said I tried to reflash the RevPi using the "rpiboot". It doesn't work, I get the following dialogue:
"Waiting for BCM2835/6/7/2711...
Failed to claim interface
Sending bootcode.bin
Successful read 4 bytes
Waiting for BCM2835/6/7/2711..."

What else can I try to revive the RevPi unit :?:
I had another Connect+ 32 Gb and a recent backup of the damaged unit, that I successfully restored the image to a new RevPi and kept my working going.

Thanks.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi Connect+ not booting

Post by dirk »

Dear FerreiraMlg, thank you for your patience. We have to analyze the device here. I am going to contact your via EMail for the RMA handling.
FerreiraMlg
Answers: 0

Post by FerreiraMlg »

Hi Dirk,

Appreciate your response and the offer to get it to check under RMA. However, I have successfully fix the unit by replacing the Pi Compute Module 3 board with a new one and reflashing it.

The unit seems to be back to normal, it boots at least. I haven't check any functionalities or connectivity of the KunBus yet. Is there anything I should definitely test?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi good news. Well if you have changed the CM the head sink is now missing. So the module now will tend to overtemperature and therefore clock down the CPU.
We are monting a heat sink on the CM and are using the "chimney effect" for prevention - see here: How to Mount RevPi Modules on a DIN Rail.
So basically the temperature inside your device depends on the CPU usage which is related to your application. So this is what you really have to check in my point of view.
You may prevent from frequent clock switches by manually down clock using the WebStatus "Max CPU clock rate"
https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... s-stretch/