Is it necessary to add Ethercat gateway for Revotion Pi to realize Ethercat master?

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
huanghuapan
Answers: 0

Is it necessary to add Ethercat gateway for Revotion Pi to realize Ethercat master?

Post by huanghuapan »

Dear sir:
I want to use the core 3 module as the PLC function, combined with the codesys software to realize the Ethercat master station, do we have to add an extended gateway module? Or can the core 3 network port be used for Ethercat communication?
pi_admin
Administrator
Answers: 1

Re: Is it necessary to add Ethercat gateway for Revotion Pi to realize Ethercat master?

Post by pi_admin »

huanghuapan wrote: 11 May 2020, 08:05 Dear sir:
I want to use the core 3 module as the PLC function, combined with the codesys software to realize the Ethercat master station, do we have to add an extended gateway module? Or can the core 3 network port be used for Ethercat communication?
No need for an extra gateway module. A RevPi Core 3 combined with the codesys software will do the job.
huanghuapan
Answers: 0

Re: Is it necessary to add Ethercat gateway for Revotion Pi to realize Ethercat master?

Post by huanghuapan »

I want to connect the Ethercat slave device, can I use the network port on the core 3 module directly? What about Canopen? But there is no Canopen interface on core 3
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi, well for EtherCAT on the RevPi Core 3/+ you have the option to use the experimental way with Codesys and the RevPiLib - we just have a fresh beta available here. Or just use a
RevPi Gate CANopen Slave.
Regarding CANopen have a look at the RevPi Connect/+ with the RevPi Con CAN module. There are tutorials available to show you the functionality:
Overview RevPi Con CAN
How to Control RevPi Con CAN
Codesys as CANopen Master