RevPi DIO module and CAN module

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
wenming126
Answers: 0

RevPi DIO module and CAN module

Post by wenming126 »

Hello dear friend

I have 2 questions about RevPi DIO module and CAN module
1. The DIO module can work in 5V input and output signal? because our DIO signal are all 5V.
2. One RevPi can work with 2 CAN module simultaneous? Because we need 2 CANBus communication.
Thank you ~
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi DIO module and CAN module

Post by dirk »

Hi wenming126, the DIO does not work with 5V. Have a look at the data sheet. You cannot connect more than one RevPi Con CAN module.
But there are alternatives available: You may use a CANopen Gateway and there are also USB-CAN interfaces available.
wenming126

Post by wenming126 »

dirk wrote: 09 Mar 2020, 11:43 Hi wenming126, the DIO does not work with 5V. Have a look at the data sheet. You cannot connect more than one RevPi Con CAN module.
But there are alternatives available: You may use a CANopen Gateway and there are also USB-CAN interfaces available.
Hello dirk
Thank you for your reply,
I still have a question, If I need 2 independent CANbus interface, can I use only 1 CANopen Gateway or 2? do the gateway connect the RevPi core via the overhead Pi Bridge connector ?
May I use a DIO module after the gateway via the Pi Bridge connector ?
Thank you
gwmac150

Post by gwmac150 »

On this topic of USB-CAN interfaces for the RevPi. Do you have a list of recommended USB-CAN modules which are thoroughly tested with the RevPi, especially considering industrial applications?

Thank you,

Gerry