RevPi as Modbus RTU slave

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Anil
Answers: 0

RevPi as Modbus RTU slave

Post by Anil »

hello, kunbus team,

I am trying to make RevPi Connect as Modbus RTU slave and I followed this https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... rtu-slave/. I have the following assumptions
1. Connect your RevPi Core/RevPi Connect to the Master via the RJ45 connector ---- In this case, the master is our system with qModMaster connected to RevPi (slave)through ethernet cable?
2. In Pictory In the “Value Editor”, we define the settings for the RTU connection-----device_path: /dev/ttyUSB0 for USB path

Now In qModMaster if you select Modbus RTU as Modbus mode then you have to select serial port as some com port. how can a com port is available or detectable?
if we are connecting an ethernet cable in between RevPi (slave )and system(qModmaster).

I feel the first point mentioned above i.e. Connect your RevPi Core/RevPi Connect to the Master via the RJ45 connector should be done with USB right? then the only USB path on bash will be available, right?
Please let me know your feedback.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi as Modbus RTU slave

Post by dirk »

Hi with ModbusRTU you can use the RS485 connector on the front of the RevPi Connect. The device path for this interface is "/dev/ttyRS485". Have a look at the Video Tutorials Tutorial 23 – Modbus RTU Slave and Tutorial 21 – Modbus RTU Master.
Anil
Answers: 0

Post by Anil »

Thanks a lot for a Response.

I Resolved the Problem by using the USB to RS485 Converter of Oring. The USB is connected to My System (act as a slave and has Mobus slave simulator ) and RS485 connected RevPi(act as Master ). SYSTEM(PC with Mobus slave simulator )-------------USB--------------(Oring Converter)-----------RS485-----------------------RevPi(act as Master).
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Anil, thank you for your positive response.