How to use revPi connect module's two ethernet port to connect two different network ?

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Anil
Answers: 0

How to use revPi connect module's two ethernet port to connect two different network ?

Post by Anil »

Hello everyone,

What I am trying to achieve is the attached image will explain the very well. Thanks to this link "viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1275&p=5049&hilit=Ethernet#p5049". I had modified according to our requirements.

Step 1: At the first port of RevPi connect we connect the one network(Office network) with following IP 192.168.2.1 and second ethernet port the plant network with different PLCs with IP 192.168.0.1
Step2: Now the RevPi Connect along with the virtual Modbus TCP master act as Master which we configure in Pictory interface. In Pictory we assign the IP address of the slave in value editor of Modbus of TCP master along with port-502.
Now my questions are 1.Does the two ethernet port act as switching router ports to route the information from PLCs to cloud network?
As a reference in this link "https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... i-connect/", it is mention that the two ports are independent.
2. If routing of information is possible how? can we do it by using static IP Configuration in the shell?

3. Is anything is missing in the steps that we followed?

Please help, thanks in advance?
Attachments
Connect VPN.jpg
Connect VPN.jpg (84.6 KiB) Viewed 4192 times
Ashish

Re: How to use revPi connect module's two ethernet port to connect two different network ?

Post by Ashish »

Hello,
To add on this, we are actually confused if the 2 ports on Rev Pi connect as a independent network.
We were trying to push Modbus Slave data from one port and wanted to access the same on other Ethernet port. Please clarify if it is possible directly or below routing configuration is must.
zzzNTG

Re: How to use revPi connect module's two ethernet port to connect two different network ?

Post by zzzNTG »

Were you able to make any progress on this? I am looking to do the same and am unsure on how to actually configure the secondary Ethernet port on the revpi connect.
Nate G