RevPi and CanOpen Magnetic Line Sensor

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
fzeta
Answers: 0

RevPi and CanOpen Magnetic Line Sensor

Post by fzeta »

I have a Revolution Pi Connect and a Con Can Module which is connected to a Magnetic Line Sensor, I am trying to get the data from it however "candump can0" shows nothing, and I have also created a python program to receive data. Is there something I'm missing?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi and CanOpen Magnetic Line Sensor

Post by dirk »

Hi, just have a look at the ConCAN Tutorial. Maybe you have to use an oscilloscope to see what or if something comes over the wires. Is the device in the run mode? etc.
fzeta

Post by fzeta »

dirk wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 11:48 Hi, just have a look at the ConCAN Tutorial. Maybe you have to use an oscilloscope to see what or if something comes over the wires. Is the device in the run mode? etc.
I've looked at the ConCan tutorial however it doesn't show any data coming from the sensor, even with loopback on

Edit: I have also tried using CodeSYS however I can't see any output of data anywhere. Perhaps this is because it is setup as a DIO module in the tutorial instead of a CONCAN module?

Edit 2: I have data coming from the device, however at a very slow rate when it should be much faster, is there a way to clear the buffer and recieve the data continously
fzeta

Post by fzeta »

After trying a different MLS sensor the data was being posted every 0.01 seconds which is at the ideal speed. So there must be an unknown error with the original sensor however, this did work with a CANET-2 (CAN to Ethernet) device
Last edited by fzeta on 05 Aug 2019, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Thank you for your positive reply that you have solved the problems. This happens. I wish you a good, happy and successful work with the RevPi.