Trying to Figure Out Hardware

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
merrimac
Answers: 0

Trying to Figure Out Hardware

Post by merrimac »

We have a ongoing project that uses Opto22 hardware. We want to move to open source software and cheaper hardware along with something a little smarter than a PLC. The hardware we currently use is:
SNAP-PAC-R1
SNAP-IDC-32
SNAP-ODC-32-SRC
SNAP-OMR6T-C
SNAP-AIMA-8

I think I have figured out what we would need for the most part:
RevPi Connect+
RevPi Analog-IO Module (2)
RevPi Digital-IO (2)

The piece(s) I am struggling with finding "equivalents" for are the OMR6T, which is a mechanical power relay output module. I have seen a little info about relays and the RevPi but have not found any info on how it works and how to set it up.

We also use some Advantech hardware, switch, LTE gateway, Ark computer (hopefully that can go away too).

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am new to the RevPi world and really want to make this hardware work as a replacement. I do understand a control system based on a RevPi would be completely different than the Opto22 control strategy we currently use.

Thanks in advance.
Colin
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Trying to Figure Out Hardware

Post by dirk »

Dear Colin, the RevPi Connect has one relay output. https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... t-connect/
You may control it using the variable in the proces image RevPiLED, bit 6. But in general you may use the digital IO modules together with industrial relays as we did i.e. with some exponats.
merrimac
Answers: 0

Post by merrimac »

Are there any examples of setting up relays in any of the documentation? How many relays can you have hooked up through the DIO?

Thanks
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Dear Colin, the DI and DO modules have 16 channels, the DIO modules have 14 in- and 14 output-channels.
Have a look at the DIO Configuration Tutorial to see how to setup the module which is equal to the ohter modules. There is also much video material online i.e. Tutorial 12 – Digital IO Modules application example.