Development of BMS using Revolution Pi Connect & I/o modules

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Vaibhav
Answers: 0

Re: Development of BMS using Revolution Pi Connect & I/o modules

Post by Vaibhav »

While working with Revolution Pi we are facing some below queries:
1. Does revolution pi have a buffer storage so as when internet is lost the data is not lost and stored in the buffer.
2. If available, how much is the buffer storage.
3. For Modbus RTU Gateway please confirm whether the RTU gateway has Isolation or not. (Those information’s are missing in manual too).
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Dear Vaibhav, I think that your questions relate to some kind of measurement tasks that could lead to statistic annormalities when the internet connection would be interrupted. So this is an application based question. You have RAM (1024 MB) and eMMC storage (4,8,16 or 32 Gb) you may use. You may create yourself some kind of buffering mechanisms (Answers to question 1 and 2). Question 3: What exactly do you mean by Isolation? The Modbus interface is isolated from the other interfaces.
Vaibhav

Post by Vaibhav »

Hello Dirk,
Can you please let us know what kind of security features does our rev pi solutions have ??
Specially Hardware security if any ??
Vaibhav

Post by Vaibhav »

Hello Dirk,
I mean the Modbus Isolation. So if i use the Modbus of Rev Pi directly without using the gateway, will the Modbus have an isolation. If So, then how much ??
Vaibhav

Post by Vaibhav »

Recently while working with our Revolution Pi, we have come up with some queries and need clarification and documents from your end:
1. Compliance certificates for Revolution Pi ( Security, safety compliance certificates)
2. Security features in Rev Pi. Any Hardware security taken care in our products.
3. Can Graceful shutdown be done in Rev Pi to avoid eMMC flash data to be lost
4. Heatsink in Rev Pi
5. Can we grant 5 years extended warranty to Rev Pi products
6. Global PTR for Rev Pi
7. Can we use Rev Pi as OPC UA to MQTT Gateway ?? if so, do we need any additional feature set of software. Please clarify
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Dear Vaibhav,
I have tried to answer all your questions but there are some open issues for me here:
  • RS485 interface - the details on this interface that you may use for Modbus RTU communication is visible in our schematics
    https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials ... rect=en_US
  • Certificates - see the downloads page ther you may view the EU-Declaration of Conformity etc.
  • Security - There is a Crypto chip available. See the FAQs for details https://revolution.kunbus.com/tutorials/faqs/
  • Shutdown - Well we often switch the devices off without a proper shutdown. There is the ext4 filesystem which is a journaling filesystem.
    but you may use "sudo shutdown" to power off the device gracefully.
  • What do you mean by "heatsink in Rev Pi"? Yes there is a heatsink on the Compute Module.
  • Warranty 5 years - I will clarify this with our product management
  • Could you be so kind to explain what you mean by "Global PTR for Rev Pi" ?
  • MQTT - yes there are various options available but today not from Kunbus. You may search for "raspberry mqtt" and you may install additional packages yourself.