Development of BMS using Revolution Pi Connect & I/o modules

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Ashish
Answers: 0

Development of BMS using Revolution Pi Connect & I/o modules

Post by Ashish »

Hello ,
I am trying to connect temperature & humidity sensor to our Rev pi Connect. I have bought Rev Pi connect,Analog module and digital module.
When i tried to give power source of 24 VDC to our Rev Pi with I/o modules connected , there is a burning smell from the device and some smoke came out.. Please help
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Development of BMS using Revolution Pi Connect & I/o modules

Post by dirk »

Dear Ashish we have sent you an RMA, analyzed your device and detected an over voltage at the input.
Ashish

Post by Ashish »

dirk wrote: 10 May 2019, 11:31 Dear Ashish we have sent you an RMA, analyzed your device and detected an over voltage at the input.
Hello Dirk, Can we use a USB dongle for internet to connect to cloud to our Revolution Pi, instead of the RUT955 router??
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hello Ashish, could you give me more details about your setup? There are much possibilities how you may connect to the cloud. This also depends on your requirements i.e. redundancy, fallback mechanisms etc.
Ashish

Post by Ashish »

Hello Dirk,
For one of my application, i want to use Connect as a data logger in solar projects. Where in need to send the data to cloud hosted server or an MQTT server located at control center.
I need the 2 Ethernet ports for connecting the devices. SO considering cost optimization and utilize the ethernet ports i was thinking of using usb dongle for internet connectivity.
Please suggest.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear Ashish, there is always a trade-off between quality an costs so it is up to you set your priorities. In my point of view it is a simple question - what happens if the connection is lost or bad. Is it tolerable or should there better be a fall-back or watchdog, etc. With the RUT955 from Teltonika you have several options available that are working out of the box. On the other hand what happens if an USB-Ethernet connection is not working as expected. What are the worst case scenarios.
Ashish

Post by Ashish »

Hello Dirk,
Thanks for the support. We will go with Teltonika RUT955.
Initially i had some queries working on our Rev Pi.
1. Everytime when a do a new configuration on Pictory, even after reset drivers it show not configured. So i have to change the isconfig.rsc file everytime and reboot. What is the solution on this ??
2. Now i able to see the data on shell of Modbus or I/o's, but were is this data stored. How do i access it in Node Red or python or c/c++ to send it to cloud. Can you please give a stepwise clarity as to how it happens to understand this working so as i can move forward
3. Can you help on the ways and medium to take data from shell to web. Getting stuck in NodeRed, python as i am not able to understand the flow of implementation..
Frank

Post by Frank »

Hello Ashish,

please tell me what do you mean by 'So i have to change the isconfig.rsc file everytime and reboot' ...
When you create an new configuration in PiCtory and save it, does it actually get saved, or is the configuration lost afterwards?
This can happen if the config.rsc file can not be written because the storage on the 'RevPi' device is full!
Or did I get you wrong and you are changing the config.rsc file manually in an text editor?
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear Ashish regarding your question to Node-Red - just install the same way as with a RaspberryPi.
https://nodered.org/docs/hardware/raspberrypi
Start creating your first flow here https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/first-flow
From the command line you may access data via i.e.

Code: Select all

piTest -1 -q -r Core_Temperature
So just create an Exec-Node and put this command inside.
Then you may use the Node-Red Dashboard as a HMI, here is a short installation guide
https://revolution.kunbus.de/forum/view ... 4903#p4909
Vaibhav

Post by Vaibhav »

Hello Dirk,
Does the Rev Pi Connect have a buffer storage?? If yes, then how much?? We need this to avoid data loss even if there is no internet connection while sending data to cloud.