DIO Power LED always RED

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
ruishengliu
Answers: 0

DIO Power LED always RED

Post by ruishengliu »

Hello.
I have connected my DIO and Core 3 module, both LEDs are green and I use ‘’piTest -d’, the information is correct.
But when I change the input value of I_1 and then read the value, it reads always 0.
And I write 1 to O_1 and connect a LED, it doesn't work.
After I changed the PiCtory configuration, select save, reset driver, the Power LED of DIO turns red and doesn't work anymore.
I can't find where is the problem so I hope that I could find some help here.
Thank you!
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: DIO Power LED always RED

Post by dirk »

Do you have more than one process accessing the data in the process image?
ruishengliu

Post by ruishengliu »

dirk wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 13:58 Do you have more than one process accessing the data in the process image?
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am doing as the tutorial video 12, so I think I have just one process accessing the data.
And this problem appears when I configure in the PiCtory.
After I configure the PiCtory, the power LED of DIO turns red. But then I reboot, all the lights are green.
I can change the input and read the change with piTest, but the real physique input change doesn't work.
Is it possible that the problem is with the power supply? I use a 24V-1A DC power to supply 2 x4 and 2 x2 plugs.
Thank for your patience.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi now I understand the behavior. The input is something you can write but it will be updated by the process image immediately with the digital value read by the AD from the DIO input pin. So it just does not make sense to write a value to an input channel. But you can set an output channel to "1" and then the corresponding pin will switch to high level. Then you are also able to read this value out. The power supply is sufficient for your test but remember that every output may provide up to 500 mA. So it depends on your application needs if the supply is sufficient. The power LEDs always turn red for a short time - a second or so - when you reset the PiControl driver.
ruishengliu

Post by ruishengliu »

dirk wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 08:43 Hi now I understand the behavior. The input is something you can write but it will be updated by the process image immediately with the digital value read by the AD from the DIO input pin. So it just does not make sense to write a value to an input channel. But you can set an output channel to "1" and then the corresponding pin will switch to high level. Then you are also able to read this value out. The power supply is sufficient for your test but remember that every output may provide up to 500 mA. So it depends on your application needs if the supply is sufficient. The power LEDs always turn red for a short time - a second or so - when you reset the PiControl driver.
Thank you for the reply.
But my problem is that I can set an output channel to '1', but the LED connected to the output channel doesn't light.
And I connect my 24V supply to input with a switch. when I close the switch, the input read by piTest is always '0' instead of '1'.
When I reset the picontrol driver, the power LED is always red and doesn't change into green.