Rev PI Connect Freeze

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Industrialsys
Answers: 0

Rev PI Connect Freeze

Post by Industrialsys »

Hi
I'm new on Rev PI World and I'm creating an aplication based in Rev PI Connect and Node Red.
I'm using Rev PI Connect without any aditional module assembled. It just collects data from Modbus TCP slaves and present it on node red dashboard.
I was able to configure PicTory Modbus TCP Master bitmap and the communication with slaves establish. Everything seems to work perfect during several days. After some days Rev PI network port seems to stop. It doesn't answer to pings and I'm not able to open a connection on SSH port.
Front what it was reported, all leds are litte green. Somehow seems to be everything ok. This allready happens for 2 times on this last 2 weeks.
If I reboot Rev PI Connected removing the power it startsup without any problem. It's very strange because after this reboot everyting work just fine...

On other topic there was a similar fault althought I couldn't find what was the solution.
I take kernel logs but I need some help to understand what is causing this freezing problem.
I don't have any usb device attached to the ports and my node red application is running on stable load. the value is arround 10 to 20%. Check the attached print screens.
Attachments
PrintScreen_1.png
PrintScreen_1.png (275.26 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
NodeRed_Status.png
NodeRed_Status.png (220.06 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
log_10Fev2019.zip
(381.96 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Rev PI Connect Freeze

Post by dirk »

Hi this seams like a serious problem. You may use the watchdog feature in order to enable an automatic restart. If this is not a option for you we have to examine the device here. Please tell me if I shall send you an RMA.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Rev PI Connect Freeze

Post by dirk »

Can you please give us more information about your setup?
Could the behavior be caused by Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) ?
What about the environment i.e. the temperature?
What is the power consumption when your applications are running?
Are there any special applications running?