Potential use of DI?

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
palmerpi
Answers: 0

Potential use of DI?

Post by palmerpi »

Hello, new here so be kind! About to purchase Core and DI module for a couple of projects I have that require a rugged platform.
I see from previous posts that counting is something that is possible in th DI module. My project requires 2 Digital inputs (From switches). I intend to log every switch event with a timestamp. I would like to use Node-Red to send this data to file/database. The frequency of the switch events is around 3 per second. I am used to programming with Nodered and Python. Would what I'm intending to do be possible without a crazy amount of programming on your system? Any pointers appreciated.
I'm happy on a basic PI getting Switch events but usually these are only triggered every minute or so.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Potential use of DI?

Post by dirk »

Hi, just have a look at Tutorial #14 Counter and encoder. You may get the values from Node-RED with a exec node and the command "piTest -r Counter_1". See here in the documentation how you may configure conters especially the "InputDebounce". So three counts per second will be no problem.
palmerpi
Answers: 0

Re: Potential use of DI?

Post by palmerpi »

Thank you for your reply! Items on order will let you know how I get on.

Thank you.

Alan.