Touchscreen calibration

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
gg94303
Answers: 0

Touchscreen calibration

Post by gg94303 »

I have a RevPi Connect and Faytech 15.6" Capacitive Touch Monitor. The touch screen needs calibration, because the mouse cursor is about 1cm away from where I touched the screen . I cannot find instructions to fix that. Can anyone please help?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Touchscreen calibration

Post by dirk »

Dear gg94303 thank you for your inquiry .I could not find anything on the homepage, also no software downloads or drivers.
I have asked at Faytech in the support and hope that it can give you soon a feedback
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear gg94303, thank you very much for your patience. I am currently in trouble shooting with faytech support. The first response I received was that there should normally be no calibration problem with this type of monitor. Since you obviously had problems, I'm still waiting for a response from support.
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi, I have a reply: please use the link below to download drivers:

https://www.eeti.com/drivers.html

Using the control panel below You can select for which display touch should work when 2 displays are working in advanced mode. Otherwise, only the external monitor surface will work on both displays.
Select Display from the menu and check the Multiple Display option. Then double-click Monitor1 or Monitor2 to select the correct display to use.

For general testing purposes, check the calibration by duplicating the display (Monitor1 / Monitor2) to get the best possible test results and remove the extended monitor view issue mentioned.
There is no way to calibrate or make changes to the touch panel using drivers.

If this is not possible please contact faytech support for a RMA.