Dali Light Management

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
gebibeck
Answers: 0

Dali Light Management

Post by gebibeck »

Hello Guys!

I'm relatively new to the programming community and don't have too much experience.
However my first project is rather ambitious and I was hoping for the input of you experts, your general experience with Dali and if there are ready made solutions or if i have to start from scratch.

For Example with 1 button i want to activate lamp 1 to 80% light, with button 2 I want to activate lamp 2 to 60% and lamp 1 to 40% and lamp 3 to 90%, with button 3 i want to activate lamps 1 to 25, with button 4 I want to activate lamp 4 to 100% and lamp 2 to 60%....etc.... you catch my drift.

Additionally all of the lamps or different groups of them should turn off if a light sensor detects a certain amount of light. I'm also thinking about having a proximity sensor per lamp installed, all the sensors should be Dali enabled for this.

So there are some very expensive software solutions out there but I think it should also be able to achieve with a RaspberryPi or Revolution Pi

Are you guys working on a revpi Dali Gateway? Can you maybe give me some good ideas i could research on?
If my Raspberry ore Revolution Pi is the controller, than I need a DALI readable Interface/OS and a module which has Dali Entrances for all the lamps and sensors.

Thankyou for your help!
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Dali Light Management

Post by volker »

We have no plans for a DALI interface/gateway. But you could use a Modbus RTU/DALI Gateway and connect it to our new RevPi Connect or use a modbus TCP Gateway. Something like this:
modbus/dali gateway
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!