Specifying the Right RevPi

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
stew
Answers: 0

Specifying the Right RevPi

Post by stew »

Hi,

I have the following requirements for I/O and connectivity for my project:

1x Ethernet/IP communication
2x USB 2.0 ports
1x USB 2.0 or 1x Bluetooth connection
1x USB 2.0 or 1x Ethernet port
2x Digital Outputs
1x Digital Input

I have been looking at the RevPi Connect+ but it will not satisfy the USB connections/Bluetooth connections I need, and I don't see any availability of an additional USB module. The new RevPi Compact also seems to fail to meet my requirements due to the lack of Ethernet/IP or module compatibility. Is there a way to satisfy these requirements with your product?
Amar
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Specifying the Right RevPi

Post by Amar »

HI,
Ethernet/IP Scanner / Adapter Protocol is a software stack support.Codesys supports this and can be used on RevPi Devices Core/Connect/Compact.

https://store.codesys.com/codesys-contr ... pi-sl.html
KUNBUS
stew

Post by stew »

Hi Amar,

This did not quite answer my question. I know the I/O and interfaces required for my project but would like help selecting equipment. I would like to use a RevPi for my project but am not sure if it will support all of the communications that I require.
Last edited by stew on 20 Oct 2020, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
stew

Post by stew »

Hi Amar,

I may have misunderstood your response. Are you saying that despite not being listed in the RevPi Compact specifications that I could use Ethernet/IP communication protocol through its Ethernet 10/100 ports as long as I used CODESYS? This would solve my problem!

-Stew
pi_admin
Administrator
Answers: 1

Post by pi_admin »

stew wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 16:35 Hi Amar,

I may have misunderstood your response. Are you saying that despite not being listed in the RevPi Compact specifications that I could use Ethernet/IP communication protocol through its Ethernet 10/100 ports as long as I used CODESYS? This would solve my problem!

-Stew
Hi Stew,

Yes, you can use the RevPi Compact (also RevPi Connect and RevPi Core) as a EtherNet/IP Scanner if you use the 3rd party software Codesys on our Revolution Pi.
Important: You need to buy the Codesys license from Codesys directly ( for example, the CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi SL: https://store.codesys.com/codesys-contr ... __store=en )
It`s not listed in our specs since this software is not part of our product.
stew

Post by stew »

Thank you so much! I understand now and am very happy about that news. Now I just need to wait for the Compact to be released! Will this be available on DigiKey like your other products?
pi_admin
Administrator
Answers: 1

Post by pi_admin »

stew wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 14:19 Thank you so much! I understand now and am very happy about that news. Now I just need to wait for the Compact to be released! Will this be available on DigiKey like your other products?
Yes, the RevPi Compact will be available for all of our distributors incl. Digi-Key. But in the end, the distributor decides whether to include the product in his portfolio or not. We cannot force him ;)