RevPi connect + communicate with RevPi DIO

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
Gontorn
Answers: 0

Re: RevPi connect + communicate with RevPi DIO

Post by Gontorn »

Hi dirk,

I followed the steps you gave but I still have problem to switch on and off the LED. In fact, by connecting the X2 Ground and 24V to the power supply, the OUT and POWER LEDs are green (which was not the case before) but the LED is still off. I will give a list of what we tried so I can be the more specific possible. For each tries, the DIO X4 port is connected with a 24V + GROUND + EARTH directly to the power supply. So :
- Connect DIO X2 GROUND and 24V to the power supply -> LED off, DIO OUT LED green, DIO POWER LED green
- Connect LED GROUND to the power supply, LED 24V to O_1 and DIO X2 24V to the power supply -> LED on but impossible to switch off/on. DIO OUT LED red, DIO POWER LED green.
- Connect DIO X2 GROUND to the LED, DIO X2 24V to the power supply and LED 24V to O_1 -> LED off, DIO OUT LED red, DIO POWER LED green.
Is it possible that a additional wire would be needed? As for example a wire to connect LED GROUND to X2? :geek:

EDIT: It is working ! I had to add a wire and did the following combination: Connect DIO X2 GROUND and24V to the power supply, connect an additional wire from DIO X2 ground to the LED!
Thanks a lot for your help dirk ! :D
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: RevPi connect + communicate with RevPi DIO

Post by dirk »

Hi Grontrom, thank you for your positive reply. I have heared about the "Ikea effect. Maybe this was the thing here. Anyway I wish you a successful start with your project.