KUNBUS RevPi Connect - Project Overview

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
cmelkonian
Answers: 0

KUNBUS RevPi Connect - Project Overview

Post by cmelkonian »

Hello,

I am new to the Raspberry Pi / RevPi hardware, however I have some background in pneumatics / hydraulic control systems using PLCs and other robotics. I have limited knowledge with designing circuitry but I am very resourceful and am welcome to harnessing the power of the learning curve whenever I can.

That being said: I have a question about a potential application for the RevPi Connect.

The Problem Statement: Remove the human element (Automate) the removal of a weld wire stick from a specified RevPi controlled box.
The Setup:
A Honeywell USB Scanner
4x 24V DC 600ma Tongue Lock Cabinet - https://www.amazon.com/Liobaba-Electric ... -3-catcorr
A Box with 4 Hinged Doors (Locks Installed)
A bit of Python Code (Scanning a Barcode will open one of the 4 Doors, Whichever door is coded to be opened by entering that specific number)
One RevPi

I'd like to be able to power 4 different 24V locks on 4 different doors with one RevPi, Running my simple python code, by scanning a barcode that inputs a number to a console.

I have the code "working", with a Raspberry Pi, and a breadboard running two LED's. I am crash coursing myself on Python. I've managed to make this functional

The question is: Can I power 4 24V normally closed locks? They fail secure, so I just need to be able to power them for a few seconds to allow the welder to grab the correct wire. It has a tongue which is held closed by a spring that can be overrode by pushing on the lock mechanism.

I'm looking for any suggestions / input on this project.

Thanks in Advance.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: KUNBUS RevPi Connect - Project Overview

Post by dirk »

Dear cmelkonian, see here how to configure digital IO Modules and have a look at the push-pull configuration option. Maybe this is the best option for you.