Using RevPi as part of a testing kit

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
lfor1260
Answers: 0

Using RevPi as part of a testing kit

Post by lfor1260 »

Hello,

It seems like a RevPi is what I need for a small project I am working on, but thought I would like to get some feedback. I want to use a RevPi connect and integrate it into some existing test equipment to confirm a modbus 485 connection is working as expected. The RevPi would be acting as a slave to an existing automation system. Since this test equipment (and the RevPi by extension) would be infrequently used, will the RevPi automatically use the last known settings in the event of a power outage or does it have to be setup again? It would be integrated in such a way that when the test equipment is plugged in, the RevPi would get power as well. That being said, I was hoping that it would not require me to setup the modbus slave registers every time it is used.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Using RevPi as part of a testing kit

Post by dirk »

Hi lfor1260, on power reset the process image is set to "0". The Modbus Master configuration is safed on the eMMC and thus available after reboot.
lfor1260
Answers: 0

Post by lfor1260 »

Hello Dirk,
Thanks for the response. Will the RevPi automatically use the saved configuration on power restore? Also, the RevPi would used as a slave not a master (if it makes a difference).

Best regards
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Just have a look at the Tutorial 22 – Modbus TCP Slave then you can see how easy it is with the RevPi. You can use Modbus Master or Slave and TCP or RTU without problems. Yes, the configuration is stored on the eMMC and available after restore.