Project

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
suthesh
Answers: 0

Project

Post by suthesh »

I got a new project from my company. They just handed me the revolution pi core 3, Rev pi Aio, rev pi dio all these are connected and the project is basically done.
Is just that I need help to open the GUI of my project. Like how do I see what's my project about in my laptop how do I open it ? I believe the GUI is made from node red. I also also using windows os. Can I open it using windows or do I need Linux. I have watched all the tutorials but still need help on how to open the project. My company also gave me a USB drive but I stuck and don't know what to do to open the GUI interface of my project. Please help thank you.
I managed to find out the ip and open using putty. What should i do next?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Project

Post by dirk »

Hey you it seems to me that you are just a bit overwhelmed ... :-) Node-RED listens by default on port 1880. You can connect to the system with PuTTy which is great. So type "hostname -I" to print out all IP addresses. Then just open a browser within your network and use http://<IP>:1880. You don't have to use a Linux system to access the Gui. What is on the USB stick? Maybe your company made you a copy of the system so that you may inspect the configuration without touching the live system? So if I would be in your situation I would just ask for help in the company what they expect me to do. Good luck.
suthesh
Answers: 0

Re: Project

Post by suthesh »

Thank you so much sir. Managed to open node red. Can I have details on how to learn how to use node red. Will there be any extra coding other than node red that i have to retrieve. If yes how do i do so ? Also why cant my revolution pi be connected . The node red , pictory is usuable but just like the web browser is not and i cant update my rev pi also. It is connected with the ethernet lan cable.