Modbus RTU & I/O data to transmit - How ?

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
element
Answers: 0

Modbus RTU & I/O data to transmit - How ?

Post by element »

Hello,
I would like to hear from you on how best to deal with this subject with your products.

I am looking to meet the following needs:
- collect the information of a ModBUS RTU slave device (inverter / regulator: voltage, current, power, ...)
- collect the state of a dry contact from a level sensor (battery electrolyte level)
- store this information on SD card
- transmit this informations on 2 radio access networks either 4G or LoraWAN network

What would be your strategy?
I was able to see that for 4G or LoraWAN transmission you did not have an integrated module but that you offered a router for 4G transmission, we can imagine the same principle for LoraWAN with a XXX / LoraWAN gateway but is it possible to provide the information to be transmitted?
I was thinking of reading the data from the inverter then store these data in a ModBUS table to which must be added the I / O state of the level sensor then read these data from the Modbus slave module?

How do you generally manage to transmit or make available information (Push / Pull from Ethernet via python script? Do you have any exemple ?
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Modbus RTU & I/O data to transmit - How ?

Post by dirk »

Hi element,
collect the information of a ModBUS RTU slave device (inverter / regulator: voltage, current, power, ...)
You may use the RevPi Connect Module which has a RS485 configure a Virtual Modbus-RTU Master device.
collect the state of a dry contact from a level sensor (battery electrolyte level)
This means reading analogue values. No problem just use one or more AIO Modules.
Or switch to the brand new RevPi Compact Module which will be available soon.
store this information on SD card
This is something we don't have in our RevPi products. The alternative is to push the data to the cloud.
transmit this informations on 2 radio access networks either 4G or LoraWAN network
You may use the LTE & Wifi Router RUT950 to do this.