Raspberry Pi project into Revolution Pi

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
LoganSulpizio
Answers: 0

Raspberry Pi project into Revolution Pi

Post by LoganSulpizio »

I will be working very soon with a raspberry Pi. The raspberry Pi will be used to do some video stream processing.
The plan is to work in the lab with the the raspberry pi and then when the tests are good, is to go in real condition with a revolution Pi.
I have read some material about the revolution Pi and some of them said that most of the raspberry pi project can be integrated into the revolution pi. I am a little worried about the word "most". Does it mean that some raspberry Pi project cannot be integrated into a revolution Pi? How to be sure it can be done??
When it is sure it can be done, is it easy to go from the raspberry Pi to the revolution Pi?

Thank you
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Raspberry Pi project into Revolution Pi

Post by dirk »

Dear LoganSulpizio, if you don't use GPIOs then you won't have to deal with those side effects. Just have a look at the Project Page. What you get is a RaspberryPi Compute Module (CM) with some additional features like 24 hours buffered RTC and some that have been cut out regarding the industrial design i.e. GPIOs. But the software is open source and you are free to modify everything you like.